June 14, 2006

cultural idiot

today i went to get my foot wart dug out...so happy somemore..thot confirm can get at least 1day mc...

As the doc sat scrapping my foot with a blade and injecting liquid nitrogen to freeze dry the dam thing ...i tried to distract myself from the pain by staring at his stuff on the wall...there were pictures of a toddler boy and a A4 size charcoal sketch ....which i thot was pretty neat for a lil' fella to accomplish...



me:" wah...ur son drew dat ah? quite good ar?"
doc:"huh? that drawing on my wall? no la! thatz a picasso" (duhh..wld u have guessed?)
me:" oooooooooooh, sorry....i'm not cultural" (wah lau! si eh lak sek)
doc:"and thatz not my son, he's my nephew"
me:" ???????????????? (this doc quite frenly/cheery loh...)

After procedure...

doc:"you alright?"
me:"yup...thot it'll be more major tho' thot i'd get an mc for 2mr"
doc:"nah..not serious...you ok to go back to work right?"
me:"err ..ya...dun need my feet to work la"
doc:" ???????????" (at this point he must b thinkg this girl dam strange la)

after i hobbled back to office...was relating my excursion to the doc's to my collgs...i cld hear scanner tell mama "selene, huei lai le".....
In my mind a thousand lightbulbs flashed at once....hurry up make apptm for lunch 2mr so that i won't have to lie if she ask me a 4th time...haaa...dam jiak lut...=P

anyway...lesson learnt today.....dun walk arnd barefoot if u can help it....warts are apparently quite common....esp if u hang out at the pool..gym...spa...beach....liveaboard boats... etc....
Taking effort to wear slippers is much more worth it then getting foot warts...quite an annoying and painful experience...unless of course u want an exciting excursion to the doc's la...then different story...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

try this,'MC, i want,now.'...it works.

Toadjuice said...

Actually, the doctor offered. He ask if you needed MC or not...

Just say YES! Sure give one.

This type of thing cannot paiseh one...

Anonymous said...

you're weird to decline the MC.......