July 19, 2006

A life of love or the love of my life?

Scribbled this on a scrap of paper on a dark and stormy night.
Nothing like getting it archived away for keeps.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I once knew a guy, cute as can be;
Strong, vibrant, an athlete was he;
So healthy I thought;
But t'was all for nought;
A crush I nurtured;
By a stroke of luck love fostered;
A year or two was all I had;
Precious memories now nary shared;
Under dire circumstances we had to part;
Plunged by a knife, tore out my heart;
Such intense pain I was to bear;
Never again I wish i swear;
Many years it would be since then;
Tell me surely, if not now when?
A second chance at love?
Am I finally free?
Would I allow it to happen to me?
Well...
Maybe...
Maybe..
Maybe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear fren, if you have just read this n u are concerned...
let me state for the record...
no i am not depressed, (melancholic at times but definitely no depression issues)
no i am not in denial...
yes...i am still open to an alternative career as a writer.
Admittedly the 'standard' not quite there yet...but gotta practice and start somewhere...;P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love will find it's way to you. Ha... Just hope that it doesn't take too long.

33

Toadjuice said...

Wah! So got the ink ah? Heh heh...